Coronavirus infection prevention rules
On January 30th, 2020, the World Health Organization declared an international public health emergency due to the so-called Coronavirus epidemy (Covid 2019). The Presidency of the Council of Ministers, the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities and Tourism have published a series of circulars, to indicate the correct behavior in order to prevent and contain the spread of the virus, in particular in public places.
How is it transmitted? Through:
Spit (coughing and sneezing);
direct personal Contacts (touching or shaking the hand and bringing it to the mouth, eyes, nose);
touching Contaminated Objects (and then bringing the hands to the mouth, eyes, nose);
It is therefore recommended to:
• WASH very often your hands with soap and water or with sanitizers;
• AVOID DIRECT CONTACT with people keeping a distance of minum one meter;
• DO NOT TOUCH your eyes, nose and mouth with your hands;
• COVER your mouth and nose with a tissue (or arm) if you sneeze or cough;
• CLEAN the surfaces with alcohol or chlorine based disinfectants;
• USE the mask ONLY if you suspect you are ill or if you are assisting the sick;
• DO NOT TAKE antiviral drugs unless prescribed by your doctor;
• CONTACT the FREE CALL NUMBER 1500 or 112 if you have a fever or cough, or flu symptoms, or if you have returned from China for less than 14 days;
• REPORT TO THE LOCAL HEALTH AUTHORITHIES any positive cases you could have come into contact with.